I have worked with adults and children for over 30 years. My work bridges a broad spectrum of life issues with the belief that we each carry a unique inner authority that directs us to develop according to our own truth. My
work has a Jungian orientation. In addition to verbal therapy with adults we may incorporate dream work, art or Sandplay as a means of self-exploration. With children I use play therapy and Sandplay.
Some of the issues I work with include anxiety, depression, grief, parenting, trauma, sexual abuse, child adjustment, post pandemic modifications, gender orientation, etc.
I work in a respectful manner based on loving kindness, clarity of purpose and humility. I specialize in Jungian Sandplay therapy and have written extensively in the field. I teach and consult with therapists around the world.
Books by Dr. Turner include:
- The Handbook of Sandplay Therapy – Author
- Dora Kalff’s Sandplay: A Psychotherapeutic Approach to the Psyche – Editor
- Estelle Weinrib’s Images of the Self – Editor
- H.G. Wells’ Floor Games – Editor
- The Routledge International Handbook of Sandplay Therapy – Editor
- Sandplay and Storytelling – Co-Authored with Kristín Unnsteinsdóttir
- The Teachings of Dora Kalff – Editor